Tuesday, June 7, 2011

a first look

So I'm thinking that it's time for me to try my hand at blogging.  I've been writing a book for the last year and I seem to always get bogged down in the details...the cure I'm guessing is keeping things short and sweet.  So here it goes...

I am a young woman looking for answers about life.  Yes, I know that everyone is doing the same so this doesn't make me special.  My life has been devoted to fulfilling the dream of graduating from college and now that I have, I realize that I am standing at a crossroads.  One that is forcing me to look not only at the roads that lay before me, but at the one that I have traveled.  A person can never escape their past and yet I've been running from mine for as long as I can remember.  I still get the urge to lace up my running shoes and take off at a moments notice. 


I have a few friends that know this about me and they remind me of how I shouldn't run...unfortunately, I seldom listen.  This can be proven alone by stating how many times I have moved in less than ten years ...roughly 12.  If you were to ask me what I was running from (or better yet what I was running towards), my answer would vary depending on the day.  Maybe it is someone from my past, maybe it is a memory, maybe it is love.  The truth is, somedays I may not even know; I just run.  Running is easier than facing the life before and behind me.  The easiest explaination would be to quote a song (which is something that I do A LOT)..."I've got a gyspy soul to blame."

So stay tuned for the truth (no matter how ugly it may be) about my life...or even life in general (at least how I see it).

3 comments:

  1. Just always remember that life is about taking chances and seeing where God intends for you to land! Nothing in life is worth having if you don't have obstacles along the way... it makes you appreciate the accomplishments. You may feel as if you have a gypsy soul, but that's what makes you strive for bigger and better. You are a product of your rearing and now it's time to be who you need to be and not what everyone expects you to be. Find who you are and you will stop running from the past, present, and the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for more! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.


    First thing that honestly came to mind! Along with Don't forget your country roots. Sounds like you may be Itallian... lol just a hunch? hmmm

    ReplyDelete